21 Nov 2012

Tick, tock, tick, tock!

Where does time go?!

It has been so long since I last posted....the last ten days have just flown by!  It still amazes me how simply going through the daily routine with Philippa seems to take up 90% of my time.  Every morning I wake with renewed determination to be more productive and to achieve more than just feeding, nappy changing and the odd bit of housework squeezed in.  But alas, every evening I crawl into bed with realisation that, yet again, my efforts have been fruitless.  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love every second of my days with Pip and Rufus,  I wouldn't change one bit of that,  it's just that I have this stupid "to-do list" in my notebook I carry about with me.  Any jobs not achieved the day before get carried over to the next day....needless to say the list is now horrendous and of course it's the larger and often more important tasks which get shunted back and back,  looming over me. 






It's not necessarily that I'm any more stressed or any less efficient than I was a few weeks ago,  I think it's more a case of a few weeks ago I set myself no targets or goals whatsoever other than being a Mummy and getting through each day as it came.  Now that a couple of months have passed a lot of the baby-stuff is coming as second nature, requiring less concentration and I am taking most of it in my stride,  so I feel like I should therefore be able to bring back some normality and get back to productivity.  But the amount of free time in between nappies/feeds/wailing sessions has not increased at all since the early days, it has got less!  She now has one long lunchtime nap of two and a quarter to two and a half hours, but other than that she just has 45 minutes in the morning and about 30 minutes in the afternoon.  Really not long enough to achieve much!!  But on the plus side she is now feeding just 5 times a day rather than 7 or 8!

I shall just have to resign myself to the fact that although I may not be able to get back to full-time arty-farty business (and do the food shopping, cook, clean, walk Rufus, run errands in town) any time soon, I am spending my days doing something totally amazing and more rewarding than anything else imaginable! 

One main reason I suddenly find myself swamped is my exciting (but possibly somewhat idiotic, given my situation) new bit of news.  I am going to write a separate post about this but I have my first ever art exhibition coming up!! Wahooo!!  The only catch is the distinct lack of anything whatsoever to exhibit or sell.  Hence the mad panic and looming deadlines!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!